May is the ideal BBQ month. On the East Coast, it’s just getting warm again. On the West Coast, it’s just the same beautiful weather we’ve been having for months, sorry not sorry. There are two major party/BBQ’ing holidays in May (Cinco de Mayo and Memorial Day) so for this month’s playlist, I tried to really encapsulate what I would want to hear at one of these shindigs. It’s going to be random, it may not even make sense, but by George, it will be fun af to listen to. A few rules while listening to this playlist:
- You must have a beverage in hand while listening (ideally a Bud Light or gin and tonic but lemonade works too).
- You must be enjoying the sunshine (with the windows open in your apt/house/car or outside at a party).
- You must be totally okay with going from Spanish to English at a moment’s notice.
- You must also be totally okay with going from chilling to dancing around with your arms waving at a moment’s notice.
- AND MOST IMPORTANT: It must be listened to on shuffle. This playlist was strewn together with songs I love in no particular order so it’s up to the Spotify gods what they want you to listen to and in what order.
P.S. One of our very own TGS writers is in featured in this month’s playlist. I included RENAE’s song Wild not because she’s a friend and lovely human but because it’s legitimately a good BBQ/life song. Check her out on Facebook or her website if you enjoy what you hear.