Overnight Oats have been popping up everywhere with the rise of the healthy eating obsession in the last year. While there are tons of variations and the options are nearly limitless, I am here to share my personal, go-to overnight oats recipe. (Tbh I kind of just make it up as I go.)
- Quaker Old Fashioned Oats: 1/3rd Cup (50 Calories)
- Chia Seeds: 1 Tsp (40 Calories)
- Trader Joe’s Golden Roasted Milled Flax Seed with Blueberries: 1 Tsp (45 Calories)
- Honey: 1 Tsp (30 Calories)
- Trader Joe’s Greek Yogurt with Honey: 1/4th Cup-roughly a third of the container (100 Calories)
- Fresh Strawberries: 3 Berries, sliced (90 Calories)
- 1 Cup Milk-2% (Calories Vary)
*Total Calories: 350-400 Calories
Step by Step:
- Combine all dry ingredients in a mason jar (or your container of choice). Chia + Flax Seed are both super foods and can be bought at any grocery store. I get my Chia Seeds at Target and my favorite flax seed mixture is Trader Joe’s Golden Roasted Milled Flax Seed with Blueberries (am I healthy yet?). Mix all dry ingredients so they are evenly distributed.
- Layer in all remaining ingredients
- Greek Yogurt with Honey
- Sliced Strawberries
- Once all components are layered, fill your jar with 1 cup of milk. I choose to use 2% whole milk, because if I eat too healthy I will probably die, but this is easily interchangeable with coconut milk/almond milk/other weird healthy milk variations (you do you). Depending on what type of container you elect to use, ensure that the milk fully covers all layered ingredients – if it doesn’t, add a little more.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Enjoy! Can be served hot or cold.