Perfect for the end of summer/beginning of fall, this Cook Shrimp Ceviche can be eaten as an appetizer or in a tostada as a full meal. Enjoy!
- 8 roma tomatoes—diced
- 1 medium white onion—diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper—diced (can add more to taste)
- 1 serrano pepper—diced
- 1/3 cup cilantro leaves—chopped
- 3 avocados—diced (firm but ripe)
- 1 lb shrimp meat (already cooked)
- 2 limes—juice only
- 1 lemon—juice only
- 1 orange—juice only
- 1 Tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
- Wash all produce
- In a large glass/ceramic bowl add shrimp, lime juice, lemon juice & orange juice. Cover and place in refrigerator for 15 min. This is only to marinate and flavor the shrimp meat because it is already cooked.
- Dice tomatoes, onion, peppers, & avocados, chop cilantro and toss gently in a bowl, add salt and pepper to taste. Add shrimp and toss gently to mix.
- Serve with tortilla chips as an appetizer or on corn tortillas that have been fried or crisped in oven for tostadas as a meal.
Recipe from Casa Solis