Welcome back to round two of the SAS Lipstick Diaries! Today I’m going through the pinks in my collection. Shades in this round will range from fuchsia to baby soft pink. Like in the previous post on bright reds, most of these are a matte finish with a few exceptions. This time around I chose to use the Colourpop primer and I actually really enjoyed it. Plus it’s a steal at $5.
- Exotic Pink by Besame – I love the consistency of the Besame lipsticks and this is no exception. This is a true Barbie pink so I personally only wear it on certain occasions. It goes on SO smooth and staying power is great for a semi-matte. Definitely need to reapply after a meal but it won’t go on patchy. 4 out of 5 lip smacks.
- Flamingo by MAC – I got this MAC lipstick a few years ago on a whim when someone at the MAC counter recommended it to me. Honestly, I was young, inexperienced in the lipstick world and should have known better. I have tried SO HARD to like this lipstick and I just can’t. It’s the Lustre finish which ends up being a little sheer and almost glossy (both things I am not into) and the color is almost a neon light pink. As you can see in the photo it goes on a little patchy and staying power is almost non existent once you eat or drink something. 2 out of 5 lip smacks.
- Girl About Town by MAC – This was the first lipstick I ever bought (AWWW NOSTALGIA). While I don’t usually go for this kind of finish (it’s Amplified for MAC) I don’t mind it for GAT because the color is KILLER. It’s a fuchsia that I love wearing in both summer and fall and it’s a favorite in my collection. 4 out of 5 lip smacks.
- Fantasy by Laura Mercier – Fantasy is a more recent purchase for me but I quickly added it into my regular rotation. It’s a satin matte finish in a warm pink, almost coral color which I love for spring and summer. Glides on like a dream and has great staying power. Reapply is easy and not patchy. 4 out of 5 lip smacks.
- 06 by Rimmel London – Another one from the Kate Moss for Rimmel London line. I don’t love 06 as much as I loved 10 but it’s still a great summer lip color. Finish is a satin matte, definitely leaning more toward the creamier side. Another super Barbie pink which I don’t wear on a weekly basis but will bring out every once in a while. 3 out of 5 lip smacks.
- 405 Freida’s Red by L’Oreal – THIS. LIP. STICK. This is my all time favorite pink lipstick and it’s a drugstore brand. CRAZY RIGHT? I adore this color, this finish, this consistency, literally everything about this lipstick I am on board for. Freida’s Red is a part of the L’Oreal celebrity lip colors. While this is technically classified as a red, it goes on as more of a fuchsia for me. It is a creamy matte finish and staying power lasts through coffee and well into lunch without reapply. I wear this lipstick on a weekly basis and it is one of my go to’s. If I could only have one lipstick per color family, this would be my pink. 5 out of 5 lip smacks.
- Barely There by Colourpop – Barely There is a part of the Matte X Colourpop family. BT went on a little patchy on me but that may have been because it was my 7th lip swatch of the day. I do adore Trust Me in this same finish but for some reason I’m not crazy about Barely There. The color is also a bit too neon for me to wear on the daily but I would have fun using it for a more daring makeup look. 3 out of 5 lip smacks.
- Mars by Colourpop – Mars is an Ultra Matte Lip which means it is MATTE. In my personal experience this particular one is extremely drying even with primer and I was not a fan. The color is beautiful but I’m afraid I won’t really be wearing this one much especially with my lips being on the dryer side with the summer heat. 2 out of 5 lip smacks.
- Brooklyn by Colourpop – Brooklyn is an Ultra Satin Lip. I love this formula SO MUCH. It’s still Colourpop color payoff but without the dryness of their Ultra Matte formula. I’ve found the Ultra Satin’s to stay on all day with only a slight reapply needed about 5-6 hours in. Brooklyn is a great soft pink and I’m sure I’ll be wearing it year round. 4 out of 5 lip smacks.
- Naked Ladies by Colourpop – NL is another Ultra Satin Lip. The color of NL is more coral leaning and like Brooklyn the staying power and pigment is great. 4 out of 5 lip smacks.
That wraps up the pink corner of my lipstick collection! Top two would have to be 405 Freida’s Red followed by Fantasy. Shine on Pink Ladies.