Red Wine Sangria
Recipe from Casa Solis
- 2 (750ml) bottles of red wine (Cabernet Sauvignon or Merlot)
- 1 cup Brandy (optional)
- 1 cup Triple Sec
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 lemon sliced thinly in rounds, then in half
- 1 orange sliced thinly in rounds, then in half
- 1 lime sliced thinly in rounds, then in half
- 2 cups strawberries sliced
- 3 cups red grapes frozen
- Ginger Ale or Club Soda (optional)
- In a small sauce pan, add the water and sugar. Stir and bring to a simmer until sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from stove and let cool. (This is your simple syrup.)
- Slice lemon, lime, orange and strawberries. Set aside.
- Pour wine into a pitcher that will be large enough to hold both wine & fruit.
- Add in triple sec, simple syrup, lemon slices, lime slices, orange slices and strawberries. Stir until well blended and chill 3-4 hours (overnight is best).
- Add a couple of frozen grapes as ice cubes into each glass, pour sangria and ladle in a scoop of fruit.
- For a fizzy sangria splash a little ginger ale or club soda into each glass.
- For a strong and bold flavor add brandy
There really is no fixed recipe for sangria. It can be a little bit of this and a little bit of that, whatever fruit you have on hand! Feel free to add other ingredients and develop your very own unique sangria recipe, I guarantee this will be your go-to signature drink for your next party.
Served chilled, this sangria is so refreshing and is perfect for hot summer days or evenings. If you decide to make our sangria, tag us on social media with #TGSEats. Enjoy!