26 years ago today, on a hot Sunday evening at 7:49pm in Houston, TX I entered the world. I’ve done a lot of living, a lot of loving, and A LOT of learning. At 26 these are the things I know to be true.
- No one is safe from a cavity. NO ONE. So might as well enjoy those rocks of sugar called Lucky Charms.
- Prune juice isn’t half bad (and it’s high in iron). New joint pain is normal. Knitting is fun. And I will ALWAYS be an old lady at heart.
- Snacks are life. Food is necessary and important and delicious. We shouldn’t punish ourselves for liking food.
- Naps > Everything. Self care is SO important. It’s like being on a plane and they tell you to put your air mask on first before assisting others. How are we to care for others if we can’t even care for ourselves?
- Relationships are hard and difficult and complicated and messy. They’re also beautiful, amazing, warm and comforting. They teach us so much about ourselves and where we are in life.
- It’s okay to have different priorities than others. Just be honest about yours and respectful of theirs.
- Admitting you need help is hard. Allowing others to help you is even harder. Sitting with that discomfort is the hardest. But do it. Your soul will thank you.
- Having a body is HARD. Clothing your body, taking it out in public, and letting people see it, is harder. Loving your body for what it is, in that moment, and allowing it to occupy space, is hardest. But do it. Your soul will thank you.
- Having a regular job is weird, but stability and a consistency are nice. Plus I get business cards and a badge with my face on it. So boom high school reunion!
- I’m grateful for every day I get to keep living and experiencing life. I can’t say that was always true, but I’m happy that it is now.
- BONUS: Wine is the spice of life.
So here’s to another year of living, loving, and being an around boss bitch, because bitches get shit done!
NOW, SNUGGLES FOR SERITA!