HELLO SPRING. I’ve been waiting so patiently for this day to arrive and it’s finally here. Time to officially shed the winter blues and fully embrace the newly arrived UV rays. I’ve already started transitioning my wardrobe back into sun dresses and sandals and below are a few other things I will be buying, taking out of storage and using over the next few months in anticipation of the warm weather.
- Sunscreen // I have said this so many times before and I’m going to continue to say it forever, sunscreen should be a part of your every day skincare routine. You can skip serums, skip toner, skip thermal water but DO NOT skip sunscreen. The one I’m currently using is by Supergoop! but over the next few months I’m going to be trying a few others to see if I can find my holy grail.
- Tinted Moisturizer // During the hotter months I find myself gravitating toward a tinted moisturizer rather than a medium or full coverage foundation. My favorite is the NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 30 (GET THAT SUNSCREEN). It gives me just enough coverage to take down my natural redness without feeling heavy and the bottle lasts FOREVER.
- Chapstick // Never in my life have I finished an entire tube of chapstick (I always end up losing it first) but I have NEARLY finished the Glossier rose flavored Balm Dotcom. It smells amazing, keeps my lips hydrated and is slightly tinted for days when I don’t want to wear lipstick.
- Clear Hair Ties // I live and die by these tiny clear hair ties in the hot months of the year. They are the perfect size to tie off braids and there is no better or more affordable companion to complete a wrap around full halo braid.
- Birkenstocks // Those who know me know I don’t really give up my Birks during the cold months (or ever) but they slowly start making more public appearances in March. I’ve worn Birks since I was a little girl, they are the next best thing after being barefoot.
- Sunnies // I am extremely brand loyal to Ray-Bans but picked up a pair of Quay Australia sunnies while I was in Byron Bay last September. Quay is great quality with a wide range of shapes and typically range anywhere from $35-$60. I picked up these cat eye sunnies because cats duh.
- Pink Lipstick // The transition from dark red and brown winter lipsticks to bright pink and corals has begun. I finally pulled my favorite pink lipstick out of the back of my lipstick drawer late last week and can’t WAIT to have it back in regular rotation again.
- Plants // I’m a plant hoarder year round but this last weekend at the flea market confirmed that plant season has really taken off. Succulents, flowers, indoor, you name it, it’s available. A few of my favorite to have are the Snake Plant (also known as the Mother In Law’s Tongue, great for indoor and small spaces), String of Pearls (gorgeous hanging succulent) and Jade (can be indoor or outdoor but prefers sun). I end up getting most of my plants at the flea markets in Southern California but all three of the above are available at most plant nurseries as well! (My favorite nurseries in SoCal are California Cactus Center, San Gabriel Nursery and Roger’s Garden.)