I LOVE making flowers crowns. I will use almost any occasion to grab my supplies, head to the florist and begin crafting!
There are a ton of different techniques for making flower crowns and below I’ve compiled the easiest and quickest method. I hope it is a helpful guide to making your perfect crown!
Step 1. Gather Your Supplies
To create the perfect flower crown, you will need:
- Floral wire & tape – You can find these items at Michael’s or most crafting stores (I like these two floral wires here and here and this tape).
- Flowers – I usually pick up a bouquet or two from Whole Foods for my flower crowning adventures.
- Filler/ greenery – When you pick out your flowers, make sure you have some filler/greenery. This will be really important in the next couple of steps!
- Scissors – Most household scissors should work. The scissors will be used mainly for cutting the flowers and floral wire.
Step 2. Create Your Base
You will need to create a wire base for your crown.
- Identify where you would like the crown to lie on your head
- Measure the length with the wire and use scissors to cut
- Twist wire into a circle
Step 3. Wrap It Up
Once you have your wire base, you are going to use the floral tape to wrap the wire. This makes the base more stable and acts as a great camouflage for the crown!
Step 4. Get Your Greenery Together
Now that you have the base of your crown completed, you are going to layer the greenery around the crown. Simply find the greenery pieces you like and place them around the base of the crown. Use small pieces of floral wire to wrap to the greenery around the base.
As you can see here, I went for a Grecian feel! There is no wrong or right way to do this as long as the crown is covered.
Step 5. Flowers on Flowers on Flowers
The whole point of a flower crown is the flowers! Now that you have your base and your greenery, you are ready to get creative and apply your flowers. Find clusters of flowers you like and affix them to the crown using the floral wire.
And there you have it – a completed flower crown!!
As I mentioned, this is a really simplified version of a flower crown. There is really no wrong way to go. Get creative, have fun and use any excuse you can to create a crown.
Keep crafting, creating and having fun!!