Today we’re making a quiche! This is a little more advanced than some of our previous recipes but once you’ve tried it a few times you won’t think twice.
- 1 lb thick sliced bacon OR 1 cup finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion (yellow or white) thinly sliced
- 1 10oz box frozen chopped spinach – thawed and well drained
- 9 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 2 cups Swiss cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, cook your bacon until it is done but still chewy. Remove from heat and chop finely. Drain the fat and reserve. Do not clean the pan!
- Add butter and onion to pan and saute until translucent.
- Add spinach and stir until excess moisture is evaporated, set aside to cool.
- In a separate bowl first add 9 eggs, cream, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Second, add the cheese and stir. Third, add the bacon and onion/spinach mix that you have already cooked. Stir well.
- Prepare a 9×13 inch pyrex dish by spraying with a nonstick spray. Carefully pour egg mixture, cover with foil and bake 50-60 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake an additional 10-15 minutes to get a golden brown top. Remove from oven when quiche is still a little jiggly in the center.
Cut into squares and enjoy!