This is my final post of 2016. Tomorrow we will close out the year with one last TGS Favorite Things and then our entire staff will spend the weekend ringing in the new year across various cities. I will never have enough words to aptly explain how much each and every reader has meant to me this year. Whether you stopped by for one post or all 250 of them, thank you thank you THANK YOU. It was around this time last year that I had the first few brainstorming sessions to create TGS so writing this year end post is extra emotional for me. Knowing we have made it through our first eight months is something I only dreamt of. Being able to see the site live and thrive is a special kind of magic that I will never get over.
The Grayscale has become not only a platform for my own voice, but for the voices of each of the other contributors. Between us all, we have written on feminism, politics, beauty, television, self love, depression, wine, fashion and an unreal amount of other topics. From the beginning I have said that no topic is off limits and I am so proud to say that we have held, and will continue to hold, that value as the highest priority.
To cap off the year, below are the top ten most read posts along with fifteen of my own personal favorites. Thank you for standing by all of us here at TGS, I can’t wait to keep lifting and fighting alongside each of you in 2017.
2016: TGS TOP 10
- Glossier Review: Skin First, Makeup Second
- Why I am Difficult to Love
- 9 Reasons Gina Rodriguez is a Total Badass
- Can I Sue for Emotional Distress?
- Feelin Myself: The Double Dragon
- Glossier: The Supers Review
- Red Wine Sangria
- An Open Letter to Judge Aaron Persky
- Things I Learned Before 25
- Keeping Up With the Youths: Internet Lingo
2016: SARAH’S FAVORITES
- A Generous Breasted Yogi
- Letter to Self: 1999
- To Love Many Things: Normal
- Byron Bay City Guide
- I’m Actually Not Sorry
- Love Letter: National Pizza Party Day
- Bachelor in Paradise 3: The Finale
- Review of Drake’s Views
- Shrimp Salsa aka Cooked Shrimp Ceviche
- The Grayscale Wine Club: Forrest Ville Pinot Noir
- Home is Wherever I’m With You
- New York Fashion Week SS17 Recap
- Amelia Earhart Day
- Thrill Seeking in the Great Barrier Reef
- Be Wildfire